C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jason Kruse PA-C <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jason Kruse PA-C <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 09:11:33 -0500
Hello all-
Can anyone direct me to a distributor of tricycles that are designed with a
hemiplegic in mind? My 6 yr old is hypotone and mild left hemiplegic. The
main problem is the stregnth to do the alternating feet pedaling, keeping
the feet on the pedals. Keeping the left hand on the handle, and controlled
turning of the handle bars. She want to do it but you can see that she is
starting to avoid them. Since everyone else her age and younger are doing
this already it is now another thing that is excluding her from social play.
Sure do appreciate any leads or anecdotal suggestions..

Thanks a bunch

Jason K