AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Knox, Isadore Jr." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Mon, 10 Nov 2003 17:26:03 -0600
** Visit AAM's new website! http://www.africanassociation.org **

I would agree with [log in to unmask] that drugs and alcoholism is a very
serious symptom afflicting Black Americans, both native born and immigrant.
It is important however, to determine the root causes of theses symptoms in
order to discover effective strategies for societal cures.  Another serious
symptom afflicting Black American is engaging in self destructive, self
hating stereotyping, which ultimately feeds into the racial genocide
(racism) of our culture.

We as black people must find positive avenues of self awareness,
encouragement and ultimate unity, rather than resorting to unproductive
negative criticism and condemnation for our brothers and sisters who are
under the bondage of poverty, ignorance or spiritual death.

Positive forums to understand our problems, come up with solutions and
acting in a loving and sympatric manner is the start towards the cure!
Let's talk....
Isadore.