Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 24 Feb 2003 08:43:41 -0800
From:
Mary French <[log in to unmask]>
An interesting note on the term "noble
savage";  the word "noble refers to a class or
caste of people rather than a character

trait; early European explorers noted that all
Native American men engaged in hunting, a
practice which in Europe was reserved

for the nobility -- hence within the tribe, every man was a noble.
  Fredrik Murman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:On Sun, 23
Feb 2003 17:05:34 -0500, Richard Geller
wrote:

 >If there is one religion that is most prevalent on the Paleo group here, it
 >is that of the "noble savage", the religion that says that "primitive"
 >people's practices were somehow more pure, better, closer to what was
 >intended, etc.

I currently strongly believe that the food instinct of hunter-gatherers was
as good as today's newborn's and children's. Hunter-gatheres were the
children of mankind. Their instinct wasn't destroyed by intellectualism and
junk food. Since I'm a ruined child, I find hunter-gatherers to be good
models, because my parents certainly weren't and the great majority of
people around me aren't. You can call me
religios, but I'm always open to
opposite views and ready to change my mind.

/Fredrik