Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 9 Dec 2002 20:54:37 -0500
At 07:07 PM 12/9/02 -0600, Robert McGlohon wrote:

>According to CAD, eating carbs only once a day, and all within an hour,
>mitigates the insulin response.  I guess I'm hoping to "have my cake and eat
>it, too," by eating enough carbs to avoid an anxiety response without
>impacting my weight-loss goals.
>
>Any comments from research or personal experience would be appreciated.

I think that you might want to read Lyle McDonald's _The Ketogenic Diet_ to
get a really good handle on the science behind low-carb eating plans. He
doesn't address CAD specifically, but you will better understand the
effects of ketogenic (low carb) dieting on your body.

Without knowing exactly when/how often this anxiety response occurs, how
much you're eating, if you need to lose weight/how much, etc., I'll assume
that you have been using Paloedieting to lose weight. If so, then  what
you're experiencing is an natural metabolic adaptation to dieting. I'd have
to know more to say so for sure, and I'm definitely not an expert, but that
would be my guess.

You can read more, here:
<http://www.wannabebig.com/printarticle.php?articleid=89>

There's an entire series that you might find interesting, too:
<http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=89>
<http://www.wannabebig.com/printarticle.php?articleid=87>
<http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=93>

CAD only makes sense to me in terms of the psychology of dieting, at least
as I've heard it described.

Best,