C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Tamar Raine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Oct 2004 17:35:39 -0700
oh asdis,
the toughest part of my day is when I get out of bed. the action hurts my
back and hips. I think it's the fibromyalgia as instead of relaxing my
muscles "freeze".  Hot showers and or the Jacuzzi help a lot.

I had some good news / bad news friday. My four wheel scooter was ready to
be brought back home, good! Now I can sell it to make room in my place for
my dad's old recliner. Now the bad news; my old power chair they cannot fix
as it is a brake problem and $1,000 they cannot bill medi-cal for as my new
chair is arriving next week! Yay! good news! In the nick of time! my old
power chair is 7 years old. I've been waiting to get a new one almost a
year. I'll be so glad to get a power chair again. Pushing my manual chair
is hard on carpet.

Mag

Tamar Mag Raine
IM: tamarmag48
Oakland Mayor's Commission on People with disabilities

I=20
> then found out that my arm was broken, I had to have 3 operations. Then
I=20
> started to get pains in my left knee, the doctors thought that it was=20
> swollen, which it was. Then I had an x-ray and they found out that my=20
> kneecap was broken in two. I had an operation and my kneecap was
removed.=20
> Then again, I have pains in my back and shoulder. I=B4m 34 years old now.=
>  I=B4m=20
> about to give up sometimes, but I=B4m not going to let this disorder get
the=
> =20
> better of me. The doctors have told me not to drive the wheelchair a
lot=20
> with my chin. I=B4m waiting for a new control system where I can control
the=
> =20
> chair with my hand. They tell me to take painkillers, but what kind of=20
> painkillers should I take, I=B4m an alcoholic and can=B4t take Ibuprofen
or=
> =20
> Parcodine. Thanks for listening, I just needed to vent a little. I=B4m
doing=
> =20
> well at university, I have 4 wonderful people who help at school. Then
I=20
> have nice people here at home as well, who help me as well. I love them
all=
> =20
> very much.  Guess what I call my disorder - the "catmonkey". This
disorder=
> =20
> is called Dystonia. Now I=B4ve got to pack my laptop as I need it for
school=
> =20
> tomorrow.  It makes things a lot easier to have a laptop, it means that
I=20