C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Cindy Curtis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Jun 2003 11:18:19 -0700
The Secret Garden

Cindy

-------Original Message-------

From: St. John's University Cerebral Palsy List

Date: Saturday, June 07, 2003 10:20:38 AM

To: [log in to unmask]

Subject: Re: Hilary's Book (was: Re: Re: Ironies)

I was in Teacher Certification for awhile before graduating as an Individual
Studies candidate.  One of my big hangups was the way English majors
referred to literature written with young adults in mind--"kiddie lit."  The
stuff that's out there today isn't patronizing or dumbed-down in any way.
Particularly, I enjoy Virginia Euwer Wolff (who's done some writing on
disabilities, and writes in a prose-poetry form that's very intriguing), and
Rowling.  Of course, Madeline L'Engle will always be my first love, the way
others might remember E.B. White or Beverly Cleary.

Anyone else have favorite young adult fiction (or kids with young adult
fiction likes, or kids with kids who like YA fiction?  Nephews?  Nieces?
Friends?)

Scott

Scott Sands

5604 S. 297th St.