From:
Dani Sell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 16 Nov 2002 11:07:19 -0700

Thank you so much, everyone, for your responses to my question! I received over 50 replies, and everyone pretty much agreed that although modified food starch in the US is supposed to be corn-derived, there is no real guarantee that it is. Since it cannot be presumed to be corn, calling the manufacturer is the only way to be sure. When in doubt, leave it out. As for the yogurt, practically everyone said that Yoplait and its products are GF, except where granola or other toppings are added in. Since my Katie loves Go-Gurt I was very pleased to discover, both in reading the ingredients myself and being informed by many of you, that she can still have it. One responder advised me to take Katie off dairy as well, but truly there is no indication we must. She had a dairy intolerance as a baby, but she outgrew it and she has been tolerating dairy products well for 3 years now. If she develops an intolerance to dairy, then I will certainly remove it from her diet, but since there is n
o indication we should, I see no reason to further deprive her of more of the things she loves and actually will eat, like cheese, yogurt and ice cream.

Again, thank you very much for your help, your support, and your many kind words of encouragement.

Dani
mom to Katie, 4
Denver, CO

Outgrown your current e-mail service? Get 25MB Storage, POP3 Access,
Advanced Spam protection with LYCOS MAIL PLUS.