Date:
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 20:00:49 -0700

Dear Listmates,

        This Saturday is National Make A Difference Day.  It amazes me that
with so many people giving their time and efforts to support groups and
other worthy causes around the nation all year long that there needs to be
one DAY dedicated to this.  None the less, I suppose it also  gives us an
opportunity to reflect on all the ways that we make a  difference during
the year.

        For us Celiacs, one of the important ways that we make a difference
is by donating back to our national Celiac organizations.  This can be
either in the way of membership (which includes you in the newsletter
mailing filled with valuable information) or a donation.   Either one can
help these organizations to continue doing such a fantastic job in the
Celiac and medical communities.

        I would have hated to be a Celiac 50 years ago when things were not
as easy as they are today.  We can thank these national organizations for
getting us where we are today in areas such as medical awareness, gf
products, conferences, and emotional support, to name a few.  Our national
support groups have made a difference for us many times over.

        So please, let's all consider making a difference in this very
important way.  Below are the addresses for the 3 national organizations.
Being that CDF is our own local Phoenix group's parent organization who is
always there for us, my own donation will go to them.    All 3 national
organizations,however,  share the common goal of reaching out and meeting
the needs of Celiacs.  So, whichever is your own personal preference, rest
assured that your donation will make a difference in many ways for all of
us who share the same challenges (as well as for those yet to be diagnosed).

        (If this is considered an Ad...I truly apologize for not following
the proper procedure.)

Thank you!
Nina Spitzer, President
Celiac Support of Greater Phoenix