From:
Donna Myslowka <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 25 May 2003 10:08:18 EDT

Hi Listmates, one & all:
I've been procrastinating on this poser for a couple of months now, & thought
it time I get a "real" answer from the best source one can ask.  I am a
diagnosed celiac, & also have osteoporosis, I was put on Actonel back in March, but
have yet to take it.  I asked the Dr., (who was an OB/GYN) if it would have
any effect on me due to being Celiac, & also have some other digestive
problems.  His reply to me was>>>>>>>>"it shouldn't bother you".  Well, sorry, that
doesn't quite cut it for me.  For those of you fortunate enough to be unfamiliar
with Actonel, it is a pill taken once weekly (only), must be taken on the
same day each week with at least 8 oz. of water, & you cannot lie down (or as was
suggested by my family Dr.), sit down. for 30 minutes.  That's a good time to
take the morning shower, etc.   My question, has anyone taking this pill had
any repercussions at all from it???  I've only read one comment someone wrote
in once, saying that their husband had been on Fosomax & Actonel, & couldn't
take either one.
Thanks to the most informative group there is.  I will summarize!!!
Donna/Tx
P.S. I told a family friend (who's a retired Dr.) the comment the OB/GYN gave
to me, & he said he'd be leery too if given that answer!!!