From:
CC Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
CC Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Nov 2002 07:02:30 -0800

Many of you are now going to make "Grama's Oatmeal Cookies", but have asked me to elaborate on my use of "Splenda" in the revised version of the recipe (for those of us with multiple food intolerances.)  Read all about Splenda at their website: http://www.splenda.com/

Also read about a recent post in the listserve's archives - Search Splenda, read post # 038051.  It is a response from Splenda announcing their GF product.

I personally having been using it for a year now.  It is recommended for diabetics, has no calories or fat, and very little carbs (less than 1g).  It is made from sugar.    No chemicals in this product.  It tastes like sugar, is used cup for cup in recipes and leaves no after taste.  You can find it in the sugar aisle of your grocery store in a yellow box.

As for the few who are questioning my use of oatmeal as a Celiac...I have written extensively the last 2 weeks about my research and my choice to eat McCann's oatmeal from Ireland (found here in the US).  Please refer to the archives, search oatmeal, and read post # 042694. 042768, and  042816.

Also, I have requests for the original recipe without my substitutes.  Lucky you!  :)See the archives, search oatmeal, read post # 042897 and 042903.

To those of you who enjoy, share with non-Celiacs as well!  They'll never know that they are gluten free cookies.  Take it from Arynn, the non-Celiac grandaughter who re-created the recipe for her Celiac mom, and from my non-Celiac son, Aaron, who came home yesterday to a plateful of the substitute-filled version, and never knew the difference!  To Celiacs and simple pleasures, Happy Thanksgiving!  ~Cindy T.