From:
Bev Lieven <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 11:32:00 EST

The Milwaukee Celiac-Sprue Crew will meeting on--

Saturday, November 23, 2002
1:30 p.m.

in the Fellowship Hall (enter at rear) of Redeemer Evangelical Free Church,
7735 W. Howard Ave, Milwaukee, WI

This is our Holiday Meeting & Cookie Exchange…We hope you can join us as we
meet to share some tips to make our holidays a bit easier.  We'll be talking
turkey to help you find a safe one for your holiday table. Since Thanksgiving
also means dressing/stuffing to go along with that turkey, we invite you to
bring along your favorite recipe and even samples, if you feel inclined to do
so.
    There will be a brief presentation on isotonic vitamins. Hopefully,
members who attended the CSA conference will be also be there to report on
the program.
Plan to participate in our annual Cookie Exchange. The rules are simple.
Bring as many cookies, along with the recipe(s), as you would like to
exchange. Listing the brand names of the ingredients used would help those
with other sensitivities.
    As mentioned about, you're invited to bring samples of dressing/stuffing
or other family favorites (with recipes) you think others would enjoy making
this holiday season.

Kenosha-Racine Area Celiacs will  at 7:00 p.m. on Wednesday, December 4th in
the Community Room of the Northside Library, 1500 27th Avenue, Kenosha.  We
will be holding a cookie exchange for those who would like to participate.
(See the directions for the Milwaukee cookie exchange.) Directions: Exit I-94
at County Road E (12th Street) exit and travel east into Kenosha to 22nd
Avenue, about 6 miles. Take 22nd Avenue south until you reach 15th Street
(Casa Capri restaurant is on the SE corner.), turn west on 15th Street.  Or,
you can take 30th Avenue to 15th Street & turn east. The library is on the
south side of the street. Park & enter in the rear.

Sheboygan Area Celiacs…Currently, celiacs in this part of Wisconsin must
travel either to Milwaukee or Appleton--60+ miles, to meet with other
celiacs, while those groups are unable to provide information on the
resources available in their locale.  Sara Scott of Sheboygan hopes to change
that and is looking for celiacs in that area of the state who are interested
in meeting on a regular basis. Contact Sara at 920-457-5861.

Contact Bev Lieven by email or phone 414-354-2354 for more information.