Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Sally Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Nov 2002 15:49:13 -0600

I received the following information about Pei Wei's restaurant. This a new chain started by the same people who own P.F. Chang's. So far they only have locations in Texas, Arizona, and California.  But the food is great, the prices are very reasonable, and I'm very impressed that the executive chef wrote me back quickly after I inquired about gluten in their foods.

Enjoy!
Sally

I am going to give you a modified menu that should help you order. The soy sauce we use does contain wheat. The marinades we use on the chicken, shrimp and scallops do contain any of the starches you have listed. There is cornstarch however. I am familiar with your disorder because we receive a lot of requests from our P. F. Chang's guests. You want to steer clear of the battered items in the honey seared and the sweet and sour. We use potato starch for dusting on few of the other items. Please ask for the manager when you come into the restaurant and they will be able to help you with your order.

 ** do not order the beef in any of the dishes because we use a soy sauce in the marinade.
** do not order the tofu it contains wheat and soy sauce.

Edamame
Pei Wei Spicy Salad - ask for "no white sauce".
Pei Wei Spicy - ask for "no white sauce".
Sweet and Sour - order with "non-battered" chicken, shrimp, scallops or vegetables.
Asian Chop Chicken Salad ask for "vinaigrette dressing" served with the pei wei salad.
a good substitute sauce is - rice wine, garlic, ginger, salt, white pepper, vegetable stock and sesame oil. You can use this in the noodle and rice bowls or the signature dishes.

Again please consult with the manager on duty first. Bring this list and show it to them.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need anything else.

Paul Muller
DCO / Corporate Executive Chef
P. F. Chang's China Bistro
Pei Wei Asian Diner