From:
TAMMY KOCHEL <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TAMMY KOCHEL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Apr 2003 11:51:12 -0400

Hello and thank you. So many of you responded to my email about
a confusing diagnosis for myself and my daughter (dated Saturday,
April 5 2003). You all were very empathetic--many have
experienced a similar situation. Here is a summary of your
week while I was out of the office, but I believe my "autoreply" that was set while I
was out of the office likely put me in bad graces for posting--temporarily.

5 suggested that my daughter and I both eliminate gluten from our
diet.

4 suggested that we both be tested via Entrolab.
(www.entrolab.com)

2 suggested both of us have the biopsy.

2 suggested that I do a gluten challenge and redo my bloodwork.

1 suggested that my daughter avoid dairy.

1 said high calcium levels may be related to malabsorbtion.

1 suggested that we do allergy tests.

1 said to go to a GI doc.

1 said to be concerned about DH.

1 said to test total serum IgA--test for IgA deficiency.

1 mentioned that a San Diego lab, Prometheus Labs, is launching
a new genetic test in May that does not require reintroducion
gluten into the diet in order to rule out CD.

1 mentioned getting a second opinion.

Thanks again everyone! I do plan to get a RAST allergy test as well
as talk to my doctor about Entrolab testing.
Tammy
Tammy Kochel
Circle Solutions, Inc.
703-902-1266