Date:
Sun, 12 Jan 2003 13:13:29 EST

 I have celiac disease-diagnosed 3 years ago- and recently found out that I
have elevated amalyse enzymes(149)and liver enzymes(ALT-SGPT-44), and also
elevated TSH.(5.9) Also my cholesterol is 280. My doctor started me on 25mcg
of Levoxyl (thhyroid med).  I was told 10 years ago that my gallbladder was
too firm and somewhat enlarged (never showed up on ultrasound, but during a
hysterectomy ( the surgeon actually felt it). Nothing was done about it,
though I did over time realize more difficulty digesting fats. A test also
showed fat  in my stools. My question is what to do now. I have been feeling
pain on both the left and right upper abdominal sides for years but the
doctors just dismissed it. My feeling is there's something going on in the
ducts. What do you recommend -any particular tests, pancreatic enzymes,
gallbladder removal, etc? I'd really like to try alternative dietary
treatments -any suggestions? Thank you so much for your help. Laurie