From:
Ann Whelan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 1 Dec 2002 18:51:18 EST

Our next issue and our next conference are on the way!

THE NEXT ISSUE includes articles on amaranth, food labeling, testing for CD,
treatment for DH and more. The special feature article is about credibility
and the problems celiacs have deciding who or what to believe about the
gluten-free diet.  As always, Gluten-Free Living is packed with material that
will help you live a happy, healthy gluten-free life.

Since we are currently updating our mail list to send to the printer, it's a
good time to subscribe. It's also a good time to send gift subscriptions to
your favorite celiacs. And a great time for our gift to you!

You can save 10% by subscribing  right now. Until  December 15th, one- year
subscriptions will be $29.00 (regularly $32) and two-year subscriptions will
be $49.00 (regularly $54).

But you need to subscribe quickly as our list goes to the printer very soon.
You can e-mail your credit card number or mail a check. Be sure to include
your mailing address and the length subscription you would like with your
payment. You can send credit card information (Visa or Mastercard) to:

or mail check or credit card information to:
Gluten-Free Living, PO Box 105, Hastings-on-Hudson, NY 10706.

OUR NEXT CONFERENCE  will be in San Diego from March 28 to March 30. Alessio
Fasano, MD, Carol Fenster, Danna Korn, Bob Levy and Ann Whelan are among the
speakers currently scheduled.
       If you:

o Want positive practical information to help you live a happy healthy life.
o Love to spend a weekend away without worrying about what you will eat.
o Enjoy meeting other celiacs.
o Appreciate the convenience of having a multitude of vendors under one roof,
distributing samples and  personally providing details on their products

or if you have always wanted to visit San Diego...or have been there and
loved it, then you should put this conference on your agenda. Complete
details will be available shortly. Send an email to:

and you'll receive one of the first registration packets as soon as they are
ready.

A contributor to this listserv described the last Gluten-Free Living
conference better than we can ourselves. Here is some of the message:

The best thing I have done is attend the Gluten-Free Living conference......I
learned at the conference not to worry about vinegar, carmel color and other
mysterious ingredients. I look at ALL information, read ingredients, contact
manufacturers and then make a personal decision about the product. ...
       I heard the experts at the conference talk about drinking wine and
eating plain vanilla ice cream. They ate out at restaurants. They didn't
stress. They didn't panic. If they made a mistake, they moved on. The disease
did not cripple them emotionally. It no longer consumed their lives...
       I strongly recommend going to a conference like the one I
attended...especially for those newly diagnosed. Beware: There is a lot of
old information out there.  I'm happy to report that we are a lot less
stressed and my daughter's blood tests from last week were normal. Hurray!

From our perspective, the best part of the conference in Philadelphia was
meeting and talking to so many celiacs. After months and months of planning,
we had the best time, too! We hope to meet you in San Diego.