Date:
Thu, 28 Nov 2002 23:19:05 +1100
I don't really want to jump in this topic, since Bob, Mark, and everyone
else already covered more than enough info.

what I want to say, is just a bit of research result and a last bit info
that seems need to bring out (sorry if someone already posted it, I lost the
track already ;)

AGP is surely the only option for gamer, not only because the advantage of
bus speed, but also 1) there is no up-to-date 3d chip made on PCI form, the
best I could find is ATi 9000 (seems only on sale in Japan) and 2) PCI bus
is share by many devices, but AGP is not shared; by using a PCI card, it has
to share the already very limited bandwidth with any other devices on PCI
bus, AGP card doesn't have this problem.

eg. a common PC today may have the following devices share PCI bandwidth:
sound, modem, NIC, RAID controller, TV capture/video editing

Jun Qian