From:
Evelyn McWilliams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 22:18:37 +1100
An unexplained weight gain of about 5 lbs has me reaching for possible hormonal explanations to account for the sudden onset of bloat (mostly round the stomach and associated with the puffiness that shrieks fluid build-up.)

I might need to take steps to combat the effect of that "enzyme that promotes fat storage" mentioned by Elizabeth Miller in her post.

First line of attack would seem to be to increase dietary induced thermogenesis. But that still leaves the problem of fluid build-up etc.

Anyone have creative solutions to share on how to combat this sort of fat gain?

Dairy foods, such as milk, cheese, yoghurt (which I have recently added to my diet, despite not being paleo) might also be in the frame. What do others think?

Evelyn