C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"K. Salkin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 May 2003 20:49:03 -0400
Now here's a question I've been meaning to ask Bobby:  I've heard that in
many cases, addiction - whether it be to drugs or alcohol or risky
behaviour, etc. - is a matter of brain chemistry.  In other words, some
people are more easily addicted than others because of brain chemistry, and
it can be hereditary.  For example, in both sides of my family there are no
alcoholics (at least that I'm aware of) but the people next door in my old
neighbourhood had several alcoholics in their family. I'm sure a lot of the
behaviour is learned but I'm wondering if there isn't a biological factor,
too.

Kat