C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 18:14:05 -0500
 good luck, kat. hope things goes well

-----Original Message-----
From: Kat
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: 3/12/2003 9:39 AM
Subject: Work Reorganisation

News about my job.  As many of you know, I'm a HRIS (Human Resources
Inform=
ation Systems) Analyst for Sara Lee Hosiery, which means I'm a database
pro=
grammer.  I will have been working for Hosiery for 15 years this coming
Aug=
ust and it's been a wild ride, sticking through thick and thin, through
reo=
rganisations and layoffs (or redundancies in the UK).

A major reorg has been in the works for several months but I hadn't been
ab=
le to talk about it until the official announcement was made yesterday.
Th=
e entire SL Intimates Group in Winston-Salem is reorganising, merging
many =
functions across 7 divisions, and HR is no exception.  All the SL
Intimate =
HR departments are being split into two groups: Human Resources which
will =
concentrate on hiring, recruiting, employee relations and other issues,
and=
 Compensation and Benefits, which will concentrate on benefits
administrati=
on, compensation, and data collection and analysis.  I'm included in the
Co=
mpensation and Benefits organisation and we will be fully reorganised by
Ju=
ne 30 (the end of the fiscal year).  What this means for me personally,
is =
that my job will be greatly expanded and I'll be doing reporting not
just f=
or Hosiery but also for the other divisions we'll be merging with, a
total =
of seven divisions.  At the end of the corporate reorganisation, we may
be =
responsible for the entire Branded Apparel group (which includes
Intimates,=
 Socks and Knitwear, or 10 divisions) in Winston-Salem. Whew...
Exciting o=
pportunities here! And I'm glad I'll be here to take advantage of
them.=20

No change in title or pay yet but I'm sure there will be as I keep up
with =
everything and do well. :-)  And we're moving to the SL Corp
headquarters b=
uilding up the road, the one we call 'The Taj Mahal!'

Kat