VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Camper Mick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Camper Mick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Nov 2002 14:28:55 -0500
The first thing to do is think back and determine  if you have added
anything new to your system. When windows shuts down it is turning
everything that was running off and clearing the memory. Something is
running that is preventing it from shutting down. I don't know how
knowlegabler you are about computers but I would hate to see you spend
money needlessly by taking it into the shop. Here is a link to a program
that is freeware. It is called End It All.
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,4149,697,00.asp You will need to
register with PC magazine but  they will not spam you or give your email
address out. When you instal then bring the program up it will give you
a list of what is running on your pc at that given time. It also gives
you the option to end any or all running programs. You can run this
program and do a process of elimination to determine what is preventing
your pc from shutting down.