From:
"mesanetworks.net" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 2004 19:01:41 -0700
> The body does have its own system for clearing out waist but after
> being on
> antibiotics 3 times plus going through surgery with more meds and
> antibiotics in a period of 9 months in 2002, I doubt my body has any
> good
> flora/bacteria left to fight of infection, parasites, etc. I am not
> one to
> jump to taking meds, but last year my menstrual cramps were so bad the
> only
> way I could make it to work was by taking Advil (high doses) and later
> combo of Advil and Vicodin. More bad stuff to kill good stuff in your
> gut.

I have found high doses of Advil and antibiotics to be terrible on the
gut as well. I was diagnosed with a serious case of gastritis
(debilitating cramping, bloating, and constant hunger), and nothing
prescription helped. I got tested for food allergies, and got a precise
list of what to avoid. On doctor's recommendation, I then withdrew from
all analgesics, and used a combination of very high quality digestive
enzymes (to help digest my mostly paleo diet), probiotics (to restore
intestinal flora), oil of oregano (to combat the "bad bugs")... and
some deep soul searching on where I wanted to go with my life.

Something about that combination had me feeling better after about only
a week, and healed the gastritis within 4 weeks.

I hope you can find something equally helpful for your unique body/mind
combination!

With empathy,
Kira
Holistic Life Coach