From:
Eva Hedin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Mar 2004 12:12:56 +0100
> > for women 81.4 and men 76.23.
>
> Intersting. I had a friend go over to Sweden, I believe, and he said they
> ate a lot of rich foods, with a lot of butter and cream.

This is really difficult to answer. The change in eating habits has been
enormous. People eat more and differently but I think those that are 85
years old now have only eaten home made foods all their lives. I don't
really know what you mean with rich foods either. And I think we could have
a different view on what whole foods are. These are American expressions and
to me just as odd as the expression balanced food.

> In the summer of 1940,
>

> described what happened during that period:
>
>   White bread was replaced by whole-meal bread and rye bread. The supply
of
> sugar was drastically cut down and soon entirely stopped. Honey was used,
if
> available.

Sweden was not in the second world was but the same thing happened here.
People were a lot healthier during the war than before and after.