From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jan 2004 14:56:18 -0700
>...it might be worth it to stick with peas which I think are sooo nice lol.

Alex, I can't really answer your question and this is a thread but here
'tis, nonetheless.

I don't worry too much about snap beans or snow peas.  If you get snap/green
beans before they're too big, the seeds inside are pretty small and, by my
book, the good outweighs the bad.  The body protecting the beans (don't know
what you call it in this case) makes up a good 90% of what you're eating and
is just fine.  I'd gone a long time without snaps ('cuz I'm lazy) but then
got some from the Piggly Wiggly, virginal and fresh, snapped 'em, steamed
'em and ate 'em.  Man, was that good!  I'd forgotten just how good they are.

Same holds true for snow peas.  If eaten early on, the peas are teeny-tiny.
Very nice for a stir-fry!

These two don't bother me, but any other bean leaves me firing at will.
Sorry, but they truly are the musical fruit.  And I don't eat snap beans or
snow peas often enough to worry.  I only buy fresh veggies and snapping
beans isn't my idea of a good time.

Dori Zook
Denver, CO