From:
Richard Archer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Jul 2003 20:32:56 +1000
There was an interesting episode about milk on a local investigative
journalism program. Apparently there are two distinct types of proteins
in milk (no, not "raw" and "cooked", "A1" and "A2") and one of them is
better for human consumption than the other.

I found the description of the process of digestion of the dangerous
one strikingly similar to the digestion of gluten:

>Protein molecules of A1 and A2 milk are both chains of amino acids.
>But in the A1 molecule, one amino acid is different, a weak link. A2
>researchers believe this causes the chain to break, creating a small
>piece called Beta Casomorphin 7. And this piece is able move through
>the gut wall, into the blood, triggering disease.

The transcript of the (hour-long) program as well as additional
background material, is available online:
http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/content/2003/20030331_white_mischief/default.htm

 ...Richard.