Date:
Sun, 1 Jun 2003 15:58:51 +0100
carob grows on trees and the whole, very dark brown 'fruit', is a long quite
graceful pod... as someone who spent her childhood in a place where carob
grows wild; and has stopped many a time to pick up the pods and chew on them
whole, seems quite 'paleo' to me... it's hard work all this chewing but not
much more than on a piece of jerky...
it might be classified as a bean in a botanical sense but it's not a
legume...  it  requires no processing to become edible [unless you want to
grind it down to a powder etc.]

Dedy