From:
Craig Coonrad <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jun 2003 11:13:28 -0700
On Wed, 18 Jun 2003, Ingrid Bauer/Jean-Claude Catry wrote:

> Alcoholic anonymous have shown the power of working psychologically and
> spiritually and often via this route change at the physical level can
> happens . as peoples like me who started with the physical and end up
> realising it was all about spirituality.

It is well documented however that Alcoholics Anonymous has a very poor
success rate. It works very well for some people, but for the majority it
doesn't work.

Contrast that with Susan Powter's (author of Seven Weeks To Sobriety)
Health Recovery Center, which uses 'biochemical restoration'. They boast
of a 74% success rate in treating alcoholism (much higher than AA).

The AA 12-step model has been indoctrinated in to our institutions
(government and treatment industry)...and for most people seeking help
this is the only option they are offered or know about.

I think it's a shame that AA and the treatment industry haven't
incorporated the biochemical approach of Susan Powter. So many more people
would have a better chance of escaping the trap of their addictions.

Craig