From:
Phosphor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Feb 2003 08:51:18 +1000
 >They are the figures from the USDA database, and they seem >to me to match
up with yours pretty well as a proportion of >SFA:MUFA:PUFA.
not at all. your figure states SFA to be about 40% of PUFA. my figures say
that even in fish *oils* PUFA does not exceed SFA.

the idea that SFA and PUFA should be of equal weighting in diet seems
impossible if this configuration is found rarely in nature.

andrew