From:
Gregg Carter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Feb 2003 01:01:11 -0500
**********
From:    Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Zone Diet Fat Content

Ken wrote: "..I suppose I can allow this attempt to save face, with the
proviso that I haven't found any person (other than myself and Todd) on this
list who has a clue as to what the Zone Diet is about..."

No Ken, you're way off base; and Adrienne is correct.  Sears is as clear as
can be about his 40:30:30 ratios.  Sears is also a good writer, and the
typical reader can follow his arguments about insulin, eicosanoids, glycemic
loads, and the like without too much effort... as Rob and many others have
shown on this list.  For those on the list who have yet to read it, I highly
recommend Chapter 2 ("The Beginnings of Modern Man") in Sears' most recent
book, _The Omega Rx Zone: The Miracle of the New High-Dose Fish Oil_.

Sean, I am a researcher, but not in the area of paleo diets.  I am here to
learn and to share my experiences.  Thanks for your clear exposition of the
O'Dea study, which certainly supports the Cordain and Sears approach to the
caveman diet.