From:
Gregg Carter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 10:27:55 -0500
***********
Thanks to Craig and Adrienne for pointing out that Sears goes the low-fat
route and not the Eades (it had been several years since I read Protein
Power, and I just got done reading Sears's Omega Rx Zone book and
incorrectly linked the two of them in my brain ... probably because dairy,
grains, and legumes are on the Sears diet and on the less-than-purist diets
of the Eades).  Ken, as Adrienne's post reveals, Sears aims toward low-fat
and is very wary of saturated fat and of vegetables oils.  Sears is a
scientist like Cordain and understands well that the largest, best-designed,
peer-reviewed studies consistently reveal that "high amounts of dietary
saturated fats in the western diet promote atherosclerosis because they
down-regulate the LDL receptor (a concept for which the Nobel prize in
medicine was awarded in 1984)... [and] are a part of many dietary elements
that promote heart disease" (Cordain).

Thanks Theola for the white pepper recommendation ... I'll give it a try. I
can't believe what a good investment getting the dehydrator has been.

Thanks Don for posting Cordain's rebuttal. It's a refreshing antidote to
some of the misguided, ill-conceived, inappropriate, rude, and hurtful tripe
that has been bandied about on Cordain on this list over the past 6 weeks.

Gregg