From:
Frances Ross <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Jan 2003 20:17:05 +0000
Hello all

I am new here and need to few bits of clarification about sunflower, pumpkin,
sesame and poppy seeds. Can we eat them? I think they are eaten raw, but may
be wrong.

I joined this paleo list because for the past twenty years I have suffered a
few chronic conditions (atrial fibrillation, unfrequent unknown seizures,
migraine and fibromylagia) that I managed to reverse through eliminating many
foods and food additives.
I have spent just over a year modifying my diet (my AF and seizures stopped
ayear ago on the elimination of any processed food) and was amazed to stumble
over the paleo diet. It was very near to what I was following from my own
intuition, that I decided to go the whole hog.
I have now been about a week without grains and dairy (what remained in my
diet)and am really amazed at the feeling of wellbeing that has come over me. I
still crave some oat cakes or my homemade whole wheat bread, but the one time
I slipped up and gave in the feeling of good energy radiating from my stomach,
got blocked and the next morning took me over an hour before my brain would
get into gear. Also the tighness that had disappeared from my chest came back.
I say that dairy and grains are all that remained in my diet, I may be wrong.
As I am unable to take supplements I tried to kick start my Mg and poassium
levels with sunflower, pumpkin seeds etc. I have difficulties with the
brassica plants and the taste gags me. So I am thinking if I give them up my
diet may not be balanced enough.
Can anyone help. I find it easy to eat meat and fish but more difficult to
keep my carb levels up.

Fran