From:
Tom Bridgeland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 08:26:38 +0900
[log in to unmask] wrote:

>OK... I'm trying to understand some things about sugars and the "alternatives" to them.

Pretty much sugar is sugar. Cane juice, maple sugar and the like are
full of sugars. Dates are very sweet, I try not to eat them too much,
they are a temptation! These will all have similar effects on your body.
If you are replacing white sugar with these others, you may be getting a
trace amount of a few nutrients, but mainly just more sugar. Sorry.