From:
Marilyn Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Jan 2003 10:57:15 -0500
Hi Andrew;

>oil and b) visible and solid.  Cordain would have us believe that either
>paleo man threw away all the fat he found on the beasts he killed, or there
>were strange walking oil bag creatures that sloshed their way to the hunters
>dining table.

Saturated fat is found throughout the muscle tissue but isn't readibly
visible, is it not? And, animals have a skeleton and muscular system which
prevents "sloshing" (sloshing?). One can have very little obvious fat
deposits and live very healthily (lighter and faster).

>its impossible to know the exact proportions of SFA/MFA/PUFA that any paleo
>man ate unless someone has a time machine.

A rather sensible comment compared with your usual unyielding positions on
paleo dieting! :-) However, I think that we have a good idea by studying
primitive tribal diets. Seems to make sense.

But, the ratio of SFA/MFU/PUFA cannot be emulated in the present day unless
we eat more organ and other (unenticing) animal tissues (which won't
happen), so perhaps this is why Cordain suggests trimming fat off meats?

Marilyn