From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Jan 2003 22:18:38 -0700
ginny wilken wrote:

> Does anyone have any anecdotal evidence about magnesium
> supplementation? I was very interested in the article, some points of
> which I had known years ago and then forgotten. I am wondering if
> taking Mg would help with localized chronic muscle fatigue, like
> cramps  and attenuation, with which I am bothered. The onset was
> related to continued overtraining, which I have long since ceased,
> but still suffer from undue fatigue from limited use.

Some 5-6 years ago, a doctor recommended magnesium when I complained
to her of lots of muscle aches.  I started taking it at that time and it
has really
helped.  If I miss my daily magnesium, or if I get into dairy products
such as
ice cream, I get leg and foot cramps.  I take approx. equal quantities of

calcium and magnesium each day, the magnesium in the form of magnesium
malate.  The top sources of magnesium seem to be whole grains, which of
course are out, so I don't mind supplementing.

I have a lot of fibromyalgia in my family, and I believe I'm a borderline

case.  I'm willing to believe that some people need more magnesium
than average, and I'm one of those people.  You might as well try it....

    Lynnet