From:
Elizabeth Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 18:35:33 EST
Great reading at this new site of the international network of cholesterol
skeptics -- webmaster is Ufe Ravnkov himself. Of particular interest is a
link to a discussion mainly about the use of the optimal diet.

http://www.thincs.org/index.htm

The International Network of Cholesterol Skeptics
(always under reconstruction)

"The great tragedy of Science-the slaying of a beautiful hypothesis by an
ugly fact."
 (Thomas Huxley, 1825-1895)

For decades, enormous human and financial resources have been wasted on the
cholesterol campaign, more promising research areas have been neglected,
producers and manufacturers of animal food all over the world have suffered
economically, and millions of healthy people have been frightened and
badgered into eating a tedious and flavorless diet or into taking potentially
dangerous drugs for the rest of their lives. As the scientific evidence to
support this madness is non-existent, we consider it important to stop it as
soon as possible.
   The International Network of Cholesterol Skeptics (THINCS) is a steadily
growing group of scientists, physicians, other academicians and science
writers from various countries. Members of this group represent different
views about the causation of atherosclerosis and cardiovascular disease, some
of them are in conflict with others, but this is a normal part of Science.
What we all oppose is that animal fat and high cholesterol play a role. The
aim with this website is to inform our colleagues and the public that this
idea is not supported by scientific evidence; in fact, for many years a huge
number of scientific studies have directly contradicted it.