From:
Alex Shvartsman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Oct 2002 08:40:27 EDT
Oh! I did not know that that beef is castrated bull meat.
Thanks for the info, Keith.

There are obviously 2 camps of paleo eaters: fatty meat eaters and lean meat
eaters.

Again, here is my take on it: I have no doubt that given the choice our
ancestors preferred the fatty portions of meat when they hunted, since most
game was lean meat and fat gave you much more energy than protein, or carbs
available at that time.
BUT, I doubt that (1). they ate fatty meat ALL the time like many on this
list do now. and (2). the range fed meat back then was not as fatty (and with
a different fat profile) as the grain fed meat that is available today.

So my vote is for the leaner meat approach with accessional fattier meat
(when going out to eat, ordering lamb, or a porterhouse steak is OK.-unless
you eat out all the time).

Keep Smiling, Alex