NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mark Feblowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Feb 2008 18:46:36 -0500
We can cut this debate short by limiting our statements to our
exposures and the provoked symptoms.

Many of us have experienced allergy symptoms in spite of the apparent
absence of dairy proteins in foods. We can speculate until the cows
come home (ooh - that's a punny juxtaposition) about what's *really*
happening.

It's up to the scientific medical community to sort out what's
actually happening.

I'm never sure what mechanism actually provokes my symptoms. I do get
quite frustrated with some sweeping generalizations (and shallow
conclusions) that
    * all food allergy symptoms are provoked by proteins only
    * so-called "purified" dairy products are free of all proteins
    * therefore, you can't be reacting to the dairy in that food
I think that's what a lot of us feel. And it almost always stirs up a
lot of angst on this list when the topic resurfaces.

Let's try to be clear about our suppositions versus proven science.
But, more importantly,  let's not let such slips provoke rancorous debates.

Cheers,

Mark