NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Robyn Kozierok <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jun 2005 12:00:10 -0400
"Maura Mikulec wrote:"

> McDonald's does have fryers dedicated to fries only.  I know because people
> on gluten free diets, like my son, depend on it.

Hmm, so do they do the apple pies with the fish then?  I've eaten those
without incident too.  In my case, by the time I realized it might be an
issue (we weren't very allergy-savvy when I was a kid) I had been eating
fried products from a variety of places that also fried fish without a
problem for so many years, that I figured it was just not an issue, at
least not for me.   The only reaction I've ever had at McD's is with
their fruit and yogurt parfait (I'm obviously not the dairy-free one in
the family) and I have confirmed that it is not supposed to contain any
fish ingredients (!) so I assume someone made a filet-of-fish and then
didn't get fresh gloves before they threw in my blueberries.  I'm lazy
and don't ask them to get fresh gloves, but I've only had a reaction
once.

--Robyn