NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Darlene Vanasco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Aug 2004 18:57:38 -0700
They did stop using it BUT there are tons of vaccines
on the SHELVES that were manufactured before they
stopped. They DID NOT thow away the supply.
I could talk a long time on this subject. But I will
give you the fairly short version...
In my opinion -in no particular order:
Forcing a developing immune system to mount a response
to multiple parts of diseases - many of them
respiratory - at birth, 2 months, 4 months etc. is
risky to say the least. We would not put this much
*stuff* into an adult at one time. Why is it *OK* to
do it to an infant?
No one knows at that young age if a baby should be
excluded from vaxing, and once done, it cannot be
undone. Damage can be cumulative, and latent.
There is not enough known about the immune system and
the autoimmune diseases to go blindly forging ahead.
As has recently come to light, there is cover up by
the agencies that are supposed to be protecting us.
The pharmecutical industry is VERY VERY powerful. I
believe the profit figures are more than the top 10
Fortune 500 combined or some such statistic. Just
skimmed that off of a NYTimes magazine article. It was
very interesting-one of the scientists who I believe
worked for the CDC was the center of it.
And, there is not enough objective evidence to show
that we should STILL be vaccinating for things like
Polio and Diptheria. Nor is there money poured into
any of the long term effects. We have a huge rise in
auto-immune dysfunction/disease...and we are adding
more and more accines to the roster. Who really knows
how this is effecting us on a cellular level, over
time?
Why would any corporation take something off the
market that is bringing in BILLIONS of dollars a year?
These diseases and all diseases have a natural ebb and
flow and are in many way self regulating.
Additionally, some are symptoms of specific
conditions like lack of a sanitation system, which of
course we have.
There is not enough money or research/study/time put
into the combination effects of vaccinating (see
precent pharmecutical retro protection tacked onto
Homeland Security Bill). They are protected, and have
been for years by the Vaccine act of 1994. Which
limits their liability AND the doctors. And until
people who did not want to vax got very vocal,
everyone was pretty much backed into a corner by the
school systems, the gov't, and the pharmecutical
industry.
Either way it is a risk. Ask the parent of a child who
is permenantly vaccine damaged, ask the parent of a
baby who dies of Pertussis.
The point is: It's IS and should be a carefullly
considered choice. One in which individual factors are
weighed, parents and doctors are partners, and people
are not pressured in either direction.
For me it is an issue because like any other thing
I do for my child, it requires my attention, the
finding out of information and consideration of the
best interests of this particular child within the
society as a whole.
My .02
-Darlene