NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
scott gallant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Aug 2004 15:18:43 -0400
I'm one of those natural buffs too. I was all set to have a home birth until
the end of my pregnancy with my 18 month-old, then found out she was breach.
I tried everything I possibly could to help her turn around but nothing
worked. I was forced to have a c section, which I grit my teeth about to
this day. I have spiritual reasons as well as health reasons why I hate
hospital births and have yet to fully recover from that experience. my
midwife looked at the umbilical chord and said it was too short with the
placenta being so high up, which made it impossible for her to turn around
completely. Had I gone into labor she wouldn't even have enough leway to
come out on her own. had I known about it a lot earlier I would have done
research to find out what foods or herbs help to promote umbilical chord
growth and swallowed tons by funnel if I had to do so. It's good to hear
from someone else with similar views about this. Sue