NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
scott gallant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Aug 2004 22:38:56 -0400
since you mentioned vaccines i wanted to add we had our older daughter given
shots until she was 2. Then I learned that having them given imunizations
while being breastfed confuses their imune system, so I stopped having her
be given shots and refused to have our second daughter have any shots. As
long as they are nursing their imunities are developing quite efficiently on
their own. their imune systems aren't fully developed until they're 5 or 6.
it's actually better to wait until they're at that age before considering
whether or not to have the shots given.  My 4 1/2 year-ols still nurses at
night about twice a week and my 18 month-old still does quite frequently.
The longer they do it, the better it is for their imune systems to become
fully developed which will also help them throughout their entire life.
Their milk also changes from week to week, because their saliva sends
signals to the mother's brain so it knows what enzymes to produce in the
milk. Formula could never do that.
   I remember the one mom saying her one baby was extremely colicky and was
nursed. So was my older daughter. I read a book by Dr. Sears, The Fussy
Baby. He mentioned temperment having a lot to do with it. He also added that
taking prenatal vitamins will cause constipation for the infant because the
iron goes into the milk. He also mentioned cold medications and anything
else that has caffein. He also listed being on birth control pills because
of the hormones and also because it robs the mother and the milk, thus the
baby too, of vitamin C and a lot of other important nutrients.
   I learned the hard way. Maybe that will help answer some questions for
someone else. Sue