NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Seegal Anselmo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Aug 2004 08:07:49 EDT
In a message dated 8/20/2004 7:36:08 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> That's
> why nursing an infant is the best thing. The longer they nurse, the less
> likely they are to develop allergies as they get older.

My 2 1/2 year old is allergic to dairy. All my kids were exclusively nursed
(I have 6 kids and all nursed till about 2). Timmy (2 1/2 yr old) was gassy and
SO colicky from the moment he came out and continued to have "colic" till he
was about 6 months old. Even after that he was a hard to deal with, very
cranky, gassy child. At 18 months someone told me they had their child tested for
allergies, my pediatrician had not mentoned it and none of my other kids had
allergies to anything so I had not thought of it. Wouldn't you know, dairy came
out very high. After eliminating everything, he turned to be a much better,
calmer, happier child, Next Monday he gets retested, I am crossing my fingers. I
am really surprised he has this allergy, I nurse and I hate milk, so I don't
drink it anyway, but of course had products with dairy in them.
Now we are going through this with my 3 1/2 month old. We are taking him in
on Monday too to be checked.
I have watched my diet from day one, not avoiding all dairy, but whever I
have a dairy product (like a cookie) I right away see a reaction. Here we go
again....I have cut out all dairy for the last 10 days and see a dramatic
improvement.
So here are 2 cases in exclusively breastfed infants.

Seegal