NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Darlene Vanasco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 2004 14:03:21 -0700
I just want to make it known that the theory that absolutely no exposure (vs. minute "cooked" exposures) is a means to outgrow or reprogram the body from allergy is still just in theory stage.
My son has been part of a research group at Mt Sinai in NYC with Dr. Hugh Sampson and his group...which as you probably know are the forerunners in the food allergy field.
It is still unknown whether minminal tolerated exposure or no exposure makes a difference either way in "outgrowing" an allergy.
Research is ongoing.

-Darlene