NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Darlene Vanasco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 09:16:14 -0800
Anaphylaxis varies.
It is a systemic response and can include swelling,
(including swelling SHUT of the throat) difficulty
breathing, naysea, vomiting, diaherra, loss of
conscioussness, blood pressure drop, and even death.
It can happen in seconds, and if you even suspect it
MAY happen, GET an epi-pen and learn how to use it.
It will save your child's life.
If his throat itches when he eats milk, it IS an
allergy.
And yes, allergies can happen at any time of life,
even after years of eating a certain thing--frequently
people suddenly develop shellfish allergies late in
life.

Go to FAAN.org-they have good info.