C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Fri, 4 Oct 2002 11:46:40 -0400
An AR-15 is the "semi-auto" version of the M-16, which fires a single round
with each trigger pull (semi-auto), or a 3 round burst.  Without the proper
licensing, a fully-automatic rifle is not legal in the U.S.  An AR-15 would
make sense as it can be modified (illegally) to have a folding stock, thus
shortening the overall length and making it easier to conceal.

The D.C. metro area has some of the most stringest gun laws in the U.S.,
including bans on the sale of "assault rifles", so it's doubtful the shooter
got the weapon locally.

Our stupid laws will probably prevent a death penalty provision if they
catch this guy because it wouldn't be pre-meditated (for one), and I'm
pretty sure Maryland doesn't have capital punishment.  The other irony is
that, constitutionally, law-enforcement agencies have no mandate where they
MUST protect the population at large, but many L.E. agencies favor
elimination of the rights of self-defense and "castle doctrines".

I feel pretty strongly about these issues, so I probably should keep my
mouth (fingers) shut.

-Kyle