AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Hedi Rudd <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Thu, 6 Nov 2003 14:11:09 -0600
** Visit AAM's new website! http://www.africanassociation.org **

** Because of the number and importance of local issues that need to be
addressed, we will not be discussing the Healthcare Coverage issue at
this meeting. We will however, take it up at a future meeting. Hedi

Agenda
Communities United
10/13/03
Noon
MG&E

1.      Welcome/Announcements

2.      Discussion regarding "The Madison Social and Cultural Scene"
- Put your thinking caps on! If Communities United were to sponsor a
forum on the current social and cultural scene, who should be at the
table? What topics should be discussed? What are your concerns? Do you
have a story to share?

Please send me any ideas ahead of time!

3.      Discussion regarding Dane County United Founding Assembly
(formerly known as Broad Based Organizing effort) (DCU)
a.      Feedback from those who attended the event (If you want to send
feedback to the list to think about ahead of time, that would be great!)

b.      Where do we go from here? Do we want to become a DCU Delegation?
If so, how can we pay the dues associated with DCU?

4.      Update/Discussion regarding CU and Inclusionary Zoning.
a.      Please visit the following links:
http://www.madison.com/archives/read.php?ref=tct:2003:10:24:285566:METRO

b.      http://www.madison.com/archives/read.php?ref=tct:2003:10:31:286362:METRO

c.      http://www.madison.com/archives/read.php?ref=wsj:2003:10:24:285518:LOCAL/WISCONSIN

d.      It seems like the IZ discussion is winding down. I will try to
get an idea of where things are as the parties near a compromise. My
question to CU is, after reading the above articles and knowing what our
Mission is, where do we go? It would seem that in large part, IZ would
not benefit a large part of the community that is represented by
Communities United. If we accept that reality, then the question becomes
what are we going to do? Do we take action ourselves? What action can we
take? (Examples: create a guide that would provide links to resources
for those individuals, work more closely with low-income housing
advocates, work with Dane County United on a housing agenda, etc)

5.      Adjourn