Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 21 Sep 2003 10:41:12 +0900
From:
Tom Bridgeland <[log in to unmask]>
7bit
Sender:
On Sunday, September 21, 2003, at 10:01  AM, Mike Raiti wrote:

> I don't know what "Breathright" nose springs are.

Little clips that fit onto the nose with adhesive. They spread the
nostrils opening them to make breathing easier. Supposed to help
snoring, and allergies. They make it easier to nose breath when
sleeping. They work pretty good. Any drugstore will have them.

> I don't eat carrots, but currently I have been eating a pound of
> grapes (400+ calories) as an afternoon snack.  That is usually all
> the fruit I eat  although sometimes I will eat blueberries.  How much
> do you think fruit needs to be limited.

During the season I don't eat any if I am having trouble. I eat little
more than greens and meat, maybe a few nuts. It all depends on how
things are going. I'll eat fruit if I am feeling good, quit if I am
getting stuffed up.

> Is it bad to cook with olive oil at high heat?

No, olive is one of the better oils for cooking.

> It is kind of expensive.  1 Tbsp =  50 cents or so.  Do you know if
> there is anything negative about flax seed oil.  That oil is more
> popular and I suppose they are somewhat similar in that they are both
> rich in polyunsaturated fats.

I never use it. I can't get it fresh, it always has a very nasty taste,
and it is said (on this list) that this means it is rancid. Fish is to
my mind a better option.

> I usually eat about 6 oz of red meat a day - beef and lamb roast.  I
> also eat about 6 oz of cornish hen a day.  Sometimes I have beef
> liver.  It is naturally raised so the taste is much better than liver
> from supermarket.  Sometimes I will eat a pound of liver for dinner.
>
> I also tried a coconut today for breakfast.  I liked it a lot and ate
> half of it.  I think I kind of over did it and will probably eat 1/4
> when I eat it.

I love coconut too, but that is another thing hard to get here, so I
seldom eat it.

> How long did he have to get the LDA treatments to notice a big
> effect?

I don't know the details, sorry.

>  It has been less than 2 years I think since the treatment
> was allowed back in the US.  For me I think my diet has been a
> complicating factor.  I definitely about the sterile environment.  I
> am a high school teacher, so up until school is out for the summer I
> am in an air conditioned building all day and have relatively few
> problems.  When summer vacation starts my allergy problems start soon
> after.

My wife hates air conditioning, and I don't like it much, so we don't
have it in my house. Personally I don't think it is very healthy. You
might want to try jogging/walking outdoors during the school year so
that it isn't such a shock to the system when school stops.