Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Kathy Schwinghammer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Jan 2003 09:24:28 EST
I'm finding myself thinking about going to a doctor, for the first time since
I started eating Paleo in May 2002.
(I'm ecstatically happy with the way I feel since I've been eating Paleo -- I
lost weight, I look younger, my allergies disappeared, and I just feel better
-- but about a month ago I noticed a severe pain in my foot while jogging,
maybe a pulled tendon or even a slight fracture?  I was getting a sharp pain
when I put any weight on the ball of my foot, so I've been trying to avoid
doing that, and now the limping has made my leg & hip hurt.  So I figure it's
probably time to see a doctor.)
Do any of you have Paleo doctors?  I think I'd feel a lot more comfortable
with a doctor who understood why I don't eat grain & dairy etc. (and even
more comfortable if he or she actually followed it himself).  I'd really like
to find a doctor who also might understand any impact the Paleo diet might
have had on my body.  (Especially in case I did fracture my foot, and maybe
eating more protein is affecting my bones somehow?  Do you think that's
possible?)
If anyone knows of a Paleo or Paleo-friendly/informed doctor in the Austin,
Texas area (or anywhere with an online practice?) I'd love to hear about it.
But I'd also really appreciate hearing about how any of you have handled
going to your own doctors.  Is your doctor Paleo?  Do you think there's
anything I ought to be sure to tell a non-Paleo doctor?  They always ask if
you're taking any medications, and I'm not, but should I be pointing out to
them what I eat and don't eat?  I almost feel like I'd want to give a
non-Paleo doctor a crash course in Paleolithic nutrition, except I don't
really feel well enough informed myself to give it.
Thanks for any input or suggestions!
Kathy Schwinghammer