C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"K. Salkin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 May 2003 21:15:31 -0400
If you're talking about Mag's methods of dealing with her alcohol problem,
it makes perfect sense to me.  Different strokes for different folks and all
that, you know.

AA and in Mag's case, the cult each provides a focus for the alcoholic to
home in on rather than alcohol, in my opinion.  I myself wouldn't choose a
cult - I tend to stay away from organised religion - but whatever works is a
plus.  I do know that a lot of people have trouble giving up drugs, alcohol,
etc. on their own, and if a  support system, however weird to you, works,
it's cool.

Kat