EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Nissen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 20 Jun 2003 05:43:29 GMT
Hi Pranav and Joe,

WordAloud has some features that might interest you.  It is basically
a text reader, but you can use it to display a word at a time
filling the screen, like an electronic or virtual flash card.

While you are reading text in 'collect' mode, you can click on a word
and the word is automatically added to a word list.  This feature
is designed for collecting 'difficult' words for subsequent revision.
You can then read the word list and display a word at a time.
Do you really need a database?  It may be overkill.

You can download a full version of WordAloud (but with a 30 minute
time out) from   http://www.cloudworld.co.uk

Cheers from Chiswick,

John
--

--
Access the word, access the world! -- Try our WordAloud software!!

John Nissen, Cloudworld Ltd., Chiswick, London
Tel:   +44 (0) 845 458 3944 (local rate in the UK)
Fax:   +44 (0) 20 8742 8715
Web:   http://www.cloudworld.co.uk