EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Nissen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 13 Jan 2002 17:16:50 GMT
Hi Jim,

Thanks for your correction - it is just the ASL alphabet that Ryan covers.

Ryan's glove may be similar to an invention for deafblind people, for
input of the deafblind manual alphabet, called Dexter, patented by
James Kramer.  (Search with deafblind glove alphabet)

Once a deafblind person has input text, it can be read out by any
text-to-speech engine.  But for Dexter there is a corresponding output
device called the Hand-tapper, patented by Klein and Fox I believe.

Most good ideas have been thought of before!

Cheers from Chiswick,

John
--

--
Access the word, access the world! -- Try our WordAloud software!!

John Nissen, Cloudworld Ltd., Chiswick, London
Tel:   +44 (0) 845 458 3944 (local rate in the UK)
Fax:   +44 (0) 20 8742 8715
Web:   http://www.cloudworld.co.uk